Golf Diva Wild Kenya Safari
GOLF DIVA WILD KENYA SAFARI
What started as an impossible feat between Hellene of Golf Diva NL, Christa of Fairway Golf Travel and Eunice of Designer Safari from Kenya came to be last year when Hellene lead a group of 5 lady Golfers from Holland to experience the Kenyan Golf and Wildlife experience. Heres how the inaugural Golf Diva Wild Kenya Safari went.
The First Day
Our golf adventure started at the best course in Kenya Karen Golf Club. We were staying at the beautiful Karen club own accommodation unit “The Residence “. The first round coincided with a challenge golf event for The Nest Children’s Home [this home caters for abandoned HIV infected children]. We were excited to know that our green fee is going towards such a worthy course. The sun was out and the course was in great condition and to spice the round the Kenyan Golf Divas played with the Dutch Golf Divas. The day proceeded to the Sports Bar where the Dutch Golf Divas enjoyed the Kenyan hospitality of a drink and sweet chicken wings. Later after refreshing, we headed to Tamambo restaurant at the Karen Blixen Gardens. What a treat to have dinner and enjoy music from a live band.
The 2nd day saw the Golf Divas head out towards Mt Kenya and Sweetwater’s Olpejeta Conservancy to enjoy some wildlife. It didn’t disappoint and the ladies saw many animals during the 2 games drive at Sweetwaters.
On the 3rd Day we headed to Great Rift Valley Golf course where we joined the Safari Tour Golf Tournament to enjoy the beautiful course. Zebras, gazelles, monkeys and birds came out in plenty to cheer us on. To spice the game a match was arranged which saw the Dutch ladies beat Kenya Ladies by 1 hole. The Dutch Divas had the bragging rights and the Kenyan ladies had to buy the wine.
After this memorable golfing day, we headed to the famous Maasai Mara where leopards, cheetahs, elephants and all their relatives from the wild converged to make it a great destination for the Dutch Divas.
On return to Nairobi we enjoyed dinner and wine pairing at the Karen Golf Club fine dining restaurant “ The Fairway “Oh what a treat!!
The Last Day
The last day saw us play at the magnificent Windsor Golf Club. For a moment the Dutch Divas thought they were in England because the Windsor Golf and Country Club has a significant resemblance to European architecture. However, the sun was bright and this was evidence that the ladies were south of the Equator. The course was very busy with the Captain’s prize being played the same day. We managed to get a slot at 12.30 pm and again the match play was on. The Kenyan Golf Diva was in great form and immerged the winner with 2 holes to go. The Kenya Diva was happy not to be beaten a 2nd time in her own country. It was the Dutch Divas turn to buy the wine. This concluded a beautiful 9 days program that combined Golf and wildlife. What a treat!!!!!
What makes Kenya an exceptional Golf Destination?
- Great weather all year round for Golfing
- Easy and direct flights [KLM, Delta, Lufthansa, Swiss Air , Emirates , Qatar , Etihad , South African Airways , Ethiopian Airways , British Airways etc. ] from all over the world including a direct flight from USA operated by the national carrier Kenya Airways.
- Every golfer has a caddy to carry his/her golf bag. A caddy is a great source of local knowledge of the courses you play and besides caddying, most of the caddies are great players and therefore they are part of your game and this enhances and spices the game of golf. For those who have challenges walking, your caddy will drive you in a golf buggy so no excuses for not playing.
- By having a caddy during your golf round, you are contributing to job creation and I think that is a great motivation to playing golf.
- You have a chance not to just play golf but to visit our iconic wildlife game reserves in between your golfing.
- You have a chance of a beach vacation in our beautiful beaches to unwind in between your golfing.
The Designer Safari team are experts in offering you memorable Golf experiences in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania. Talk to us for your next Golf Holiday.